“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
My inspiration this week comes from Rent, one of my favorite musicals of all time. As I was doing the dishes yesterday the featured song from Rent, “Seasons of Love” came on and got me thinking about Love. The song starts out by reminding us that each year we have five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes to live in the moment. It also presents us with the question, “how do you measure the life of a woman or a man”? Do we measure it in seasons, in sunset, in midnights, in cups of coffee? In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife? However we measure our lives, the song points us back to one theme and that is love. That through it all remember the love, share the love, give the love, and spread the love.
Thus, the theme of the week. This week let’s focus on measuring our week in love. It is easy to get caught up in measuring our life, our self worth, and love for ourselves in relationship to what is going on around us. Time and time again I am reminded that we always have a choice in any given situation. We can choose to look at what shows up in our lives as something outside ourselves that we have no control over, or we can choose to take a more empowered response and view it as an opportunity to learn and love.
This week let the theme of love, whatever love means to you, empower your actions and interactions. Start by acknowledging and accepting yourself as is :), and from this place begin to embody Love and What it means to you.
Here are some tips on coming from a Love centered place this week:
1. Wake up each morning and spend the first few moments naming off 3-5 things you love about yourself (I know it sounds silly, but I can promise you it will have a significant positive impact on how you go about your day)
2. Do something nice for yourself, showing yourself a tremendous amount of love and gratitude. Love truly starts with us. ( It doesn’t have to be big. It could be as simple as going to the beach and sitting in the comfort of your own self for a few minutes, or taking a bath)
3. Be aware of how you are choosing to “measure” your life and remember that love is always present within us.
4. Show gratitude and love for your friends, families, co-workers, and even strangers. A smile or random act of kindness can go a long way.
5. Lastly, as one of my favorite mentors Brian Johnson reminds me Patience, Persistence, Diligence, and by golly gee have fun. Remember that making the commitment to embody new ideas and thoughts takes time; have compassion for yourself in the process :).
“It’s time now to sing out though the story never ends,
let’s celebrate and remember a year in the life of Love”
Living a Life of Love With You,
p.s. Here is a link to the song if you are interested in hearing it :). Have a Rockin Week!