I am beyond thrilled to see how an idea I had just a short few months ago has turned into a living and breathing organism of community. This past Saturday I hosted my fourth Yoga’licious Night Out and the house was full with such amazing, loving, fun, and accepting people. Every single person showed up FULLY!
We started the night by coming together and claiming what it is we were bringing to the evening. That was definitely a conversation starter and lightened things up right away. We followed that up with a FUN Yoga class to some jams, and even Dropped it Like it’s Hot to Snoop Dogg in Boat Pose. An amazing photographer, Robert Perea took pictures of the event and we fogged up the windows Yogagasm style! We finished up the Yoga class to live music played by the amazingly talented Robert Alexander, and everyone got some Lovin’ from Justin Holiday with his yummy assists throughout the class.
After Yoga we had some amazing food that I prepared and with an overwhelming request for the recipe I am posting it here below!
I left the evening filled to the brim with LOVE and EXCITMENT! While I was the one who created the space I was just as inspired by every single soul in that room…and for that I am beyond grateful!
I am excited to see how these events continue to unfold…
SAVE THE DATE for the next one…
May 26th from 6-8:15 pm (more details to come)
With much love and gratitude for now,
Yoga’licious Creator & Life Motivator
Raw Vegan Lasagna with Spinach Walnut Pesto and Walnut “Sausage”
(recipe inspired by www.rawmazing.com)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- Marinara Sauce
- Spinach Walnut Pesto
- Cashew Cheese
- Walnut Sage “Sausage”
4. Finish off with one more layer of zucchini, marinara sauce, cashew cheese, spinach pesto and sprinkle top with walnut sage “sausage”.
Spinach Walnut Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and dried
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
1. With food processor running, drop in garlic.
2. Add remaining ingredients and process until a paste is formed.
- 3/4 cups cashews, soaked overnight, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch Himalayan Salt and pepper
Walnut Sage “Sausage”
- 2 cups walnuts, soaked for at least 6 hours in fridge, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons nama shoyu
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Click this link to go to another blog I wrote with the recipe :).